2009-03-03

Matt Alber - End Of The World (Live at Defying Inequality at Broadway)

I first posted about Matt Alber and his AMAZING song/video on January 27, 2009. Since then, it has become #1 internet search link for my blog. So I thought I would post a little more about the song. I still listen to this song every day. I really urge you to buy his CD, Hide Nothing.

He recently (February 23, 2009) performed lived at the Defying Inequality on Broadway. It was an event held to raise money for the marriage equality rights. They raised over $400,000! The list of performers is included after the jump.


Matt Alber - End Of The World (Live at Defying Inequality)


Here is what Matt Alber says about performing at Defying Inequality:
I was invited to perform my song at Broadway's benefit concert for marriage equality on Feb. 23rd, 2009,
alongside the likes of Ellen Degeneres, Harvey Fierstein, Keith Olberman, Carson Kressley, Stephen Schwartz and Cyndi Lauper. The event raised over $400,000 for the fight for equal rights. (tidbit: When I walked off the stage Linda Carter (aka Wonder Woman) kissed me and gave me her phone number.)
LYNDA CARTER! Damn, I have been in love with her every since I watched Wonder Woman as a kid.


Performers at Defying Inequality on Broadway, February 23, 2009
Cyndi Lauper
Stephen Shwartz
Marc Shaiman
Matt Alber
Shoshana Bean
Douglas Carter Beane
PJ Benjamin
Mike Birbiglia
Stephanie J. Block
Tamara Braun
Daniel Breaker
Lisa Brescia
Kerry Butler
Lynda Carter
Gavin Creel
Harvey Fierstein
Jane Fonda
John Gallagher, Jr.
Malcolm Gets
Judy Gold
Jonathon Groff
Jayne Houdyshell
Crystal Hunt
Mark Indelicato
Allison Janney
Capathia Jenkins
Carson Kressley
Nathan Lane
Leigh Ann Larkin
Adriane Lenox
Rue McClanahan
Phyllis Newman
Kelli O'Hara
Keith Olbermann
Nicole Parker
David Hyde Pierce
Billy Porter
Christine C. Quinn
Seth Rudetsky
Sherri Saum
Rev. Al Sharpton
Carole Shelley
Christopher Sieber
Doug Spearman
Sally Struthers
Tamara Tunie
Michael Urie
Scott Wittman

Also the cast/members of
Sesame Street
Billy Elliot
The Color Purple
Gypsy
Hair
Jersey Boys
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Mamma Mia!
South Pacific
Spring Awakening
Wicked
Laughing Pizza
Don't Quit Your Night Job
The Broadway Boys
NYC's Gay Men's Chorus

0 comments: