2008-10-19

Back To Work

I started my new job today. I was supposed to go in to meet everybody and fill out my paperwork. I arrived a few minutes early, but they were busy. I ended up standing at the front counter for about 15 to 30 minutes while I waited. I was finally taken into the office to fill out my paperwork. After that, the store manager came back to talk to me about some of the rules and what I should expect for the next few days (she will be gone for the next 9 days on vacation). Then I was given a 2 minute tour of the store. I didn't get to meet very many people, so I guess that will have to wait until I start working.

I have a lot of reservation about working here. I think I spent a total of 18 years in fast food, so this is just another job. But I used to have bad nightmares about fast food. Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night, covered in sweat and having bad thoughts about selling french fries. So when I left fast food before, always said I was done with it and I would never go back. So yeah, I do have some reservations about working there.

4 comments:

DS Mark said...

I can relate. I was a waiter and a bartender in my early 20s. I was pretty good, but to this day I still have nightmares about not being able to serve each table!

Becky said...

Craig, I'm pulling for you. ~ Becky

RainbowDishes said...

Thanks Becky...I know you are having a hard time right now and I am pulling for you too! Maybe us pulling for each other will help us both more than we could imagine! :)

Becky said...

Thanks Craig. I know we can help each other.

"He ain't heavy. He's my brother."