2008-06-07

My 40th Birthday



Today I turned 40! And I celebrated by spending the day at work! :( It's not that bad, I do have the next 2 days off. Tomorrow (Sunday) will be spent with family (during the day) and friends (at night).

In the past year, I have thought a lot about what it will be like when I do turn 40. After all, it is just another day. But in the past year I have had quite a few large changes in my life. I have lost 50 pounds. And not only have I lost 50 pounds, I have kept it off for 3 months now. I have been going to the gym for a year now (minus a few months that I got lazy). I feel very healthy and very energetic most of the time (pick this back up later). I also moved into my own place after separating from the ex. While I do like living alone, I also miss spending time with him. We still talk all the time, but it isn't the same and I do miss being with him. But the separation and living on my own are 2 big changes.

But within the past month, my health situation has taken a nose dive. Thanks to me being a klutz, I took a nasty spill down some concrete stairs. That same week, I found out I had a tooth infection. And that was also the start of my sciatic nerve acting up again. The tooth infection is gone. The scars from the stairs are gone. But the sciatic nerve is still acting up. While visiting the doctor for my sciatic nerve, I found out I have high blood pressure too. All of the health and energy I rediscovered in the last year is suddenly a distant memory.

-So my first goal of my 40th year is to get healthy again!

-My second goal is to start working out again and rediscover the new energy!

-Number 3 on my list of goals, HAVE FUN!!! I am tired of feeling down about different things (being single, being poor (gotta love those medical bills), my job!)

-4 - Get a new job! A few of us at work believe that our days are numbered there. We aren't sure but we think either our boss is going to leave and we will end up with a new boss that none of us care for, or we think our parent company is getting ready to dump our division. Either way, both scenarios are not good. And I would give both of them about a 70% chance of happening. Worst case scenario, both of them come true, and there is a good possibility for that! So, I am going to rethink my career options and embark on a new journey!

-Lastly, I need to rethink about going back to college. I have said it for many years, but I have never seriously looked into it. But I think I need to go back to college and get a degree.

Needless to say, I am a very positive (optimistic) kinda guy, and I am looking forward to turning 40. Nothing (mainly my health) isn't changeable! And I do hold the keys to my own future. I am going to keep the 50 pounds off, and I would like to lose another 20 to 30 pounds, but I am not going to beat myself up to do it. And here is to another 40 years (and more!)

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

1 comments:

MG said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!