2010-01-11

Out With The Old

WOW! 2009 ended up in the toilet, for me at least. It all started in November. The person, that I considered to be my best friend, pretty much stabbed me in the back. Of course he didn't actually drive a knife into me but it hurt all the same. And the worst part was that he has yet to make any attempt to tell me why or apologize.

Then Thanksgiving dinner happened. After working Thanksgiving morning, I went to a friend's house to enjoy a nice dinner with their family. The next day though, the dinner wasn't as nice, I was sick. I won't go into details, but I ended up spending most of the next day on the toilet. Later on, I found out that everybody that had been at the Thanksgiving dinner got sick. Sadly, the next week I came down with the flu. Once again, I had the pleasure of spending some quality time on the toilet. I was suffering from lots of stomach issues and a fever. Luckily, this only lasted for a few days. But the real fun came about 10 days after I got over the flu. I don't know for sure, but I do believe I came down with H1N1 (swine flu). This time I didn't have many stomach problems, but I did have a high fever and my whole body was in pain. I had aches in places that had never hurt before. The fever lasted for 2 days, but the aches continued on for almost 3 weeks. So I was sick for most of December.

And to make my sickness all the more fun, my laptop decided to have a meltdown. I was watching a movie one night and the screen went green and then black. The movie continued playing for a few minutes (I could still hear the dialogue). And then there was nothing. I could turn the computer back on, but the screen would remain black. I plugged an old computer monitor in and VOILA, I could see the screen. But sadly, I was getting tons of error messages. It was unable to load Windows. It was also having problems when I tried to load up the recovery disks. When I took the computer back to Best Buy (luckily it was still under warranty) they said most likely it was the motherboard (which loves to overheat) and would take 2 to 6 weeks. The day after I took the computer in, I got an email from Best Buy/Geek Squad. It basically thanked me for using Geek Squad. During this time, I started watching more DVDs (I don't have cable or satellite tv) and reading books. I even started watching television, which is something I rarely do anymore. But since I don't have cable or satellite television, I am lucky if I can get 4 local channels. It took Best Buy a LOT longer than 2 to 6 weeks! I got a letter (snail mail) from Best Buy that said my computer has been ready since December 18th. I got the letter on January 8th! What really pisses me off is the fact I had called after December 18th, and they said they didn't have it yet. The letter said they had called on December 23rd. I never received a phone call from Best Buy (or any other unknown number) and there was never a voice mail left. Needless to say, I am very glad to have my computer back! :)

But with this posting, I am taking all of the bad and negativity that the end of 2009 brought to me, and putting it behind me.

HELLO 2010! :)

0 comments: