2010-01-12

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

I am not pointing at anybody with that title, but can you picture 7 dwarfs whistling that tune? LOL

Even though I said I am working on focusing on the positive, I am going to use this post to talk about my job. While it is very positive that I have a job after what it took me to get the job, things aren't so positive at work.

I work in a very large retail store (think the size of a Super WalMart but more upscale). The department I work in has about 10 people. There are supposed to be a minimum of 3 people who do my exact job. From the end of January 2009 (that is last year) until the beginning of December 2010, we had exactly 2 people doing the job of 3. Our boss would help out from time to time, but it was mainly Don and me doing the job. At the end of November, they finally hired a 3rd person for the job! YAY!!! It was very nice because he had some experience and I was finally moved up a spot. I started getting better hours and I actually had time to get things done! :) Everything was working out great!

UNTIL....and that is a big UNTIL! Until, the end of December comes around. The new guy decided that he was missing his daughter too much and wanted to go back to his old job. The part I never understood, he worked more hours (and basically the same night shift) at his old job. But he gave his 2 weeks notice, and we were going to be back to 2 people again.

Him quitting now really sucks because Don is going on his vacation at the end of January. So for the 10 days he will be off, it will be just me and my boss. Luckily, my boss is experienced enough that he can fill in (which wasn't the case with the last boss we had!) But it also means that I will be getting extra hours (BONUS!!!) which are next to impossible to get since they have really cracked the whip about overtime. Plus with him quitting, it means I am going back to working mostly nights. :(

And I feel like I should be bitching about my job today, since it was my day off but I ended up working. :( I just kept telling myself to think about the overtime!

0 comments: