2009-07-08

I'm Outta Here!

The bags are packed, the gas tank is filled up and I'm out of here! I am leaving today for the annual HLCCA (Homer Laughlin China Collectors Association) Conference.

Even though I have been chatting with some of these people for 10 years (first on MediumGreen and now CollectibleMediumGreen), I have never had the opportunity to meet any of them face-to-face. I have wanted to go to the last 3 conferences, but other circumstances have kept me home.

I am picking up my friend Val from the Indy Airport and we are driving the rest of the way to Pittsburgh. We will also be stopping at quite a few junk/antique shops/stores/malls along the way. During the conference we will be visiting the Homer Laughlin factory, where we will see our beloved Fiesta dishes being made. On Saturday, Val and I are going to be joined by 2 other CMG guys. We are going to take a little trip to go visit Fallingwater. Fallingwater is probably Frank Lloyd Wright's most famous design.

You can turn this world around
And bring back all of those happy days
Put your troubles down
It's time to celebrate
Let love shine
And we will find
A way to come together
And make things better
We need a holiday

See y'all next week!

0 comments: