2009-03-17

Trashy Tuesday - St. Patrick's Day - Pet Shop Boys and Baltimora

Okay, this is a stretch for St. Patrick's Day, but here it goes. In the 80's I was totally in love with U2. Joshua Tree was by far one of my favorite albums at the time. So when the Pet Shop Boys released their version of Where the Streets Have No Name in 1991, I was totally in love. An excellent song being remade by one of my new favorite bands. I first discovered PSB's version from their Discography album. I had just came out a few years earlier and was discovering my new found sexuality. Pet Shop Boys were bing played all the time at the bar and this was one of the great PSB songs being played all the time. So first up, here is PSB's remake of Where the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off You).


Pet Shop Boys - Where the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off You)


And one last stab at 80's/90's dance music with an Irish twist, here is Baltimora singing Tarzan Boy. The song was released in 1985, but it didn't hit the charts here until 1986, eventually peaking at #13 in March, 1986. Even though Baltimora was actually an Italian group, the frontman of the act was Jimmy McShane from Ireland. Even though Jimmy McShane is seen in the video and did all of the performances, he was NOT the singer. Music producer and musician, Maurizio Bassi, is the one that was the vocals behind Baltimora. Baltimora is considered a one-hit act even though they did have a few other songs that skimmed into the Top 100 of a few countries. Unfotunately, Jimmy McShane died in 1995.


Baltimora - Tarzan Boy

0 comments: