2009-01-03

My Ex Rant...Yeah, I am feeling bitchy today

I met my first "true" boyfriend when I was 21. My mother had just passed away, and I was continually going to the local gay bar with my friends even though the bar was 45 miles away. My friend Brandon had met Doug at the bar and ended up letting Doug move in with him shortly after that. Doug was the type of guy that could and would talk to anybody and would become instant friends with them. Doug was also famous for dating many, many guys. If they were still dating after 3 weeks, you knew they would be broken up within the following week. And of course, Doug would be on to the next guy.

Brandon and I went a drag show at the bar (so it was on a Sunday night, the only night they had drag shows) and were going to meet Doug and his new guy. For whatever reason, we ended standing behind the bar next to the dance floor. I remember thinking that Mark, Doug's current fling, was actually pretty hot. Nice body and nice smile. Plus he seemed to be very friendly. A few cocktails (or maybe 10 or more) later, I was standing behind Doug and Mark (arms around each other) and I was grabbing Mark's ass. That is very out-of-character for me. At one point, Mark turned around and smiled.

A few weeks later, Doug announced that him and Mark were through, he had found a new man. BLAH BLAH BLAH...YADDA YADDA YADDA. Same story, different day. I ran into Mark a few months after that, we chatted for a little bit and exchanged phone numbers. We ran into each other a few times at the bar (after all, there was nothing else to do in this town for gay men besides the adult bookstores). After 6 months of just meeting at the bar, we finally started dating. Unlike Doug, I was with Mark for 7 years. That is until he dumped me for somebody much younger than me. The sad fact is that Mark is 9 years older than me and his new guy is 9 years younger than me. 18 years is a big gap. But Mark and I broke up 11 years ago and they are still "together".

Now let's get down to the bitch part of this post. I used "together" in quotes for a reason. I talk to Mark about once every 6 months (if even that). It is usually just a quick hello and then we are on our way. But lately, Mark has taken to posting on Craigslist's personal ads. And not only is he posting his ad, he is posting naked pics of himself with his face pic. But my biggest gripe is that he says he is 37. 37????? He just turned 49 in 2008. He will be 50 this year. The one thing I cannot stand is LIARHEADS (sorry Carol, I am still stealing that word!)

Of course, if I was Mark, the thing I would be worried about is his boyfriend. The boyfriend hates gay people (must hate himself too) and used to be an officer of the local NRA chapter. Yeah, the gun people. I am just glad that I am out of that mess. But honestly Mark, STOP POSTING YOUR NAKED BUTT AND FACE PIC AND FAKE AGE at least 4 times a week on Craigslist. It just makes you look very desperate!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh buddy, your so much better to be away out of all that mess. I used to see ex boyfriends popping up on social networking sites and gay sites etc. They all lied too. It actually gave me a good laugh at half the stuff they were saying. It is amazing the lengths some people will go to. I totally agree with you though. It really does come across as 'desperate'

RainbowDishes said...

He works for the university here, so maybe with Christmas break over, he will stop posting his ad so much. It was getting to be very frustrating to see that ad pop up all the time. I knew it was him just from the title and location listed, but of course, I had to open it up and look at it. And yes, I am very glad to be out of that mess.

Ms. Val said...

How does an almost-50 year old man pass himself off as 37? And does it work for women?

RainbowDishes said...

Honey, you aren't even 37 yet. I don't think we need to be worrying about that just yet. Anyways, instead of somebody trying to pass themselves off as somebody much younger, I prefer people who act their age.

Ms. Val said...

No, but I'm not too far off! Anyway, I'll just resort to Plan B: tell people that I'm older than I really am so I look like I'm aging *really* good.

Ms. Val said...

No, but I'm not too far off. Anyway, I'll just resort to Plan B: tell people I'm older than I really am so that it looks like I'm aging really good.

RainbowDishes said...

I'll just resort to Plan B: tell people I'm older than I really am so that it looks like I'm aging really good.

LOL I love that plan! When I was in high school and college, I always looked much older than I really am. It was good at the time, I might have been able to use that in order to obtain some liquid refreshments that were only sold to people over the age of 21. But I often worried about what it would be like when I was older....would I look that much older! :(

Most of the people don't believe me when I tell them that I am 40. Most people assume I am 30. So somewhere in between college and the last few years, I have done a reversal on my looks. No complaints.