2009-01-04

Bye Bye Classified Ads and Other Touch-Ups

I am sad to say, I am deleting the Classified Ads website. It isn't that it takes a lot of time to run it, but I just don't have the time to do the upgrades and advertising that the site needs. So I am pulling the plug for now. In the future, I would like to incorporate something like the classified ads into a website. They even offer a website that is classified ads and an auction site in one. Of course that one costs money and since I have no plans on charging people to use it, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The wintry theme I had created was starting to look BLAH to me. And as I am sure MsVal will point out, I love to tinker with my layout. So goodbye to the frost and penguins! I also want to say goodbye to the use of the red and yellow. Last June, I totally redid the layout of the blog. I went from the 2 column layout to the 3 column layout. But I really liked this layout because the right column is actually 1 column that is then split into 2 separate columns. The original colors were going to be dark red and red. Somewhere along the way, yellow ended up in the mix. I have no idea why I added yellow, but it stuck. And since red and yellow (actually Maroon and Gold) were my high school colors, the colors looked good to me. Well, the colors are now moving on, so I thought I would like to do some blues. Of course these blues would have looked better with the wintry theme I had been using. And I am afraid after a bit of use, these colors will start to look BLAH to me too.

And I brought the fish back, so please don't forget to feed them....they are always hungry!


7 comments:

Becky said...

I like the fishies. :-) Mine are always hungry, too. Amazing little critters.

Tinkering with the blog is fun. You are much better at it than I am. And I appreciate you letting me use your snow.

RainbowDishes said...

No problem, I love sharing my tinkering with others. Playing with my dishes is as fun as playing around with computer code. I am very geeky!

Anonymous said...

I love the fishes buddy. That's a real nice touch to your blog. I would like to have things like that on my blog but think I will have to get to know 'wordpress' a little bit better before I can tinker with it. Just out of interest, the UKs famous 'Wedgewood' company and their sister company 'Waterford crystal' went into administration today. I think 'Wedgewood' is as popular here in the UK as 'Fiesta' is in the USA, but with this economic slump so many companies are going under. Best wishes for the New Year Craig. :-)

RainbowDishes said...

Thanks Mark, I hope the New Year is full of great surprises for you and Elian. Wedgewood and Waterford are both sold here in the States, but I am not sure how well the sell here. The company that makes Fiesta is a family owned company, so hopefully they can weather out this bad economic mess.

Ms. Val said...

And as I am sure MsVal will point out, I love to tinker with my layout.

When designing my blog, I prefer to subscribe to the KIPS philosophy: Keep It Pink, Silly!

RainbowDishes said...

I prefer to use the NAPPY Design Theory when I do my layouts: Never Anything Pink or PrissY. It works for me.

Ms. Val said...

Funny, because I thought you preferred the BOWL look: Bold Ostentatious Widget Layout! :-)