2009-01-11

Crazy Weather and Work

I am glad I decided to leave early for work today, I had no idea that we had a thick coating of ice over everything this morning. So I started the car and let it run for a few minutes and no more ice! I put the car into 4wheel drive and off I went. Work was a madhouse when I got there. It turns out that a good-sized portion of the town was without electricity because of the ice. Our biggest competitor, Wal-Mart, was in that good-sized portion without electricity, so they were closed down. It was nuts at work. Wal-Mart was opened up again sometime in the afternoon. But until they were reopened, I was kept running around like crazy. Needless to say, sales today will be very good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My God buddy you are getting hit hard by this bad weather. We have had a bad week too with frost and Ice but woke up this morning and its a bit milder. I hope it gets better for you guys soon :-)

Ms. Val said...

I have been banned from participating in any conversations about weather...until at least June.

As far as being busy at work, that's not always a bad thing. You gotta love the feeling of being needed.

RainbowDishes said...

The weather is typical for this time of year. We usually don't have this much ice, but the cold and snow seem to right on track. Since I am cold blooded (I swear that I am much more comfortable in the cold than the heat), the low temps don't bother me too much.

Work is the same way. With my job, most of my time is spent in a room that is below 50°. So I am always dealing with the cooler temps. I much prefer that it is very busy, it keeps things moving along. Last night was another story though. Since we had been so busy, they called in some extra help. So instead of the usual 1 other person, I had 2 people working with me. Unfortunately, they decided that they were going to talk most of the night and not help me. Tomorrow I will be talking that over with my boss. I am sure he will want to know why I worked later than I was supposed to and why I only took a 15 minute lunch instead of the required 30 minutes.