2008-12-20

Christmas Meme

Thanks Val! I found this meme on her blog.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer to use wrapping paper, but some things just have to go into gift bags.

2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL! Growing up we always had a real tree. One year we were dirt poor, so our grandparents gave us their old artificial tree. We only used that when the money was tight. So an artificial tree always meant bad economic times to me. Sadly, I have used an artificial tree in 7 of the last 10 years. Mainly because I was lazy and didn't feel like wasting time and money on buying a tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Around January 1st.

5. Do you like eggnog? I have never tried it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The first Christmas I really remember I was about 4 or 5. My sister and I scored big time. The best gifts that year, we received all of the Fisher Price Little People. Oh yeah, it was all about the Little People!

7 . Hardest person to buy for? My grandparents! They have everything.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Not sure. I only buy for a few people and after my grandparents, none are any harder than the rest.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I will take the diplomatic way out, I cherish all of my gifts!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I totally agree with Val on this one: No contest. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start before Thanksgiving. By the day after Thanksgiving, I try and have 80 to 90% of it done.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I remember, but I have nothing against doing that.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas ? Chex Mix and Lemon Bread (my mom used to make this at Christmas every year)

16. Lights on the tree? Who wouldn't put lights on their tree??? Usually lots of white lights with a few strings of 1 color (usually red) mixed in.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland (from the movie Meet Me In St. Louis) It is actually a sad song that always hits the emotions.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both. But my grandparents only live 30 miles away.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes: Flopsy, Mopsy, Topsy and Peter Cottontail....Yes I know them...duh...I can recite Twas the Night Before Christmas.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I used to have the coolest tree topper. It was a wreath made out of cool white lights and in the center of the wreath was 3 candles. It is one of a few items that my sister stole from me when she let me store some stuff in her garage. For years after that, I didn't have a tree topper because I couldn't find one that I liked to replace it. But a few years back, D and I found a very cool 3-D metal star with cutouts.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? As hard as my sister and I would try when we were growing up, it was almost always Christmas Day. So sticking with tradition, it is usually Christmas Day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The fact that Christmas items are now in stores BEFORE Halloween!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Either my Fiesta ornaments or my Tigger ornaments

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Good Food...who cares as long as is it good!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I won't be getting what I would like, so I will just be happy with what I already have...damn, I hate being diplomatic!

4 comments:

Ms. Val said...

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The first Christmas I really remember I was about 4 or 5. My sister and I scored big time. The best gifts that year, we received all of the Fisher Price Little People. Oh yeah, it was all about the Little People!

I think all of us Gen Xers had Fisher Price Little People and the playsets. I had the farm, airport, A-frame house, school, and the little blue and white house with the yellow roof.

And I know Q had the LP playsets too because his mom had saved them and all the grandkids got to enjoy them when we would visit.

RainbowDishes said...

I think it is so sad that the FP Little People are not the same as they used to be. I remember we had the house, the school, the airport, the garage, and the school bus. We got the farm animals and farm people too, but somebody built us a big wood barn so we got that instead.

I know some people had Weebles instead of FP Little People. Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down. Who cares??? Little People kicked the Weebles ass!

Becky said...

Little People were after my time, but I remember my niece playing with them. I used to buy them for her.

Craig! I want snow on my blog like you have drifting over your blog. Real snow defeats me, but this is really pretty!

RainbowDishes said...

Becky, I wanted snow very badly, but all the ones I looked at either looked horrible or wouldn't work on Blogger. I ended up taking a horrible looking one and 'tweaking' it to make it look much better. Thanks to Jeff, I started with 6-sided snowflakes. But I ended up editing them and some of them became 8-sided. Sorry Jeff! lol

I will email you the code. It is very easy to do, only one of code to add to your blog. And VOILA, SNOW!!! And the best part, no shoveling!