2008-12-29

Bloggers Block

Yes, I admit that I haven't been posting very much lately. I am suffering from a bad case of writer's Blogger's Block. After reading the usual other blogs, I still don't have anything to steal write about. So this post will be about my very exciting (sarcasm is great) Christmas. Being the "new kid on the block" at work, of course I get to work the crappy shifts! So I got the thrill of closing on Christmas Eve and working at 5am the day after Christmas. Thank goodness we are closed on Christmas I guess. This actually works out great for me. My grandparents have been doing their official Christmas celebrating on Christmas Eve. WHAT?!?!? That's a shame, I have to work. Hold on, I need to get a rag to wipe up some of this sarcasm...it is dripping on the keyboard. So last year and this year, I go down on Christmas Day. I get to see my aunt (and her roommate) from Columbus, Ohio for a few hours before she leaves to head home. The rest of the day it is just my grandparents and me. We enjoyed a small breakfast and the gift exchange before my aunt and her roommate left. Then I helped my grandparents with some tasks. Took down their Christmas tree and put it away in the basement, helped them with their digital photo frame I got them 2 years ago, helped them with their computer and tried to help them with a new alarm clock they received. Oh yeah, I took a couple of cat naps in between some of those tasks. We also enjoyed a dinner of leftovers. Overall, it was a very nice and relaxing day. I would take this anytime over a day full of kids running around and screaming. Plus my grandparents are both getting up there in age, so it was nice to get to spend time with them.

1 comments:

Ms. Val said...

I find blogging to be rather cyclical in nature. There are times when I can crank out a fresh post or two every single day. And then there are times when I have absolutely nothing to say and will let the blog go dormant for a weeklong stretch or more.