2008-11-06

Sick and Tired

Sorry I haven't been blogging much the past few days. I haven't been feeling very good for the past few days, and yesterday I spent most of the day in bed. I did foolishly go get something to eat last night. I was hungry but didn't think I could stand up for that long to cook. I should have stayed home though. By the time I got home and started eating, I was feeling worse. Even taking the dog outside to do her business was a chore for me. But today I feel a little better, which is good! I am supposed to go in at 10am for my new job. YAY! It has been way to long since I have worked. I just hope I am feeling better!

And you may notice that I spent some time yesterday working on the blog. The large header at the top is gone. I do miss my name in big letters at the top. That might make a reappearance at some point. I changed the appearance at the top of the sidebar on the right side. Being the techno-geek that I am, I saw a new gadget that I liked and wanted to add it to my blog. Don't forget to feed the fish!


5 comments:

Ms. Val said...

I fed your fish, Craig. Watching them fight over the little flakes is FUN!

Good luck with the new job. I can't wait to hear about it. Also, I hope you're back to 100% soon.

RainbowDishes said...

I will have to post about the new job later! All I can say right now is "UGH!!!!!"

Ms. Val said...

Ooooh, I'm smelling the old boss here!

RainbowDishes said...

Nope, no old boss story this time. So this grocery store and I have been "courting" each other for 3 weeks now. 3 STINKING WEEKS! Nobody from the management level has yet to call me. All of the communication between us has either been from me calling/applying online/stopping in the store or my friend that works there calling me to let me know what his boss said. So right there that is a big red flag, but since I desperately need a job, I can overlook a red flag or two.

Yesterday my friend called to say I was supposed to be there at 10am today to meet with somebody. I get there at 10 only to find out the person I need to talk to is on a conference call. So I wait....and I wait....and I wait. I waited for 45 minutes before he showed up. He asked if I had filled out the background check paperwork (yes, I did that last week). He apologized because he hasn't seen the paperwork. He tells me that he has talked to Rusty (the guy who will be my direct boss) and they have decided to hire me.* He discusses my wage with me (which I thought was very fair).* And he needs to schedule me for orientation.* Of course, all of those remarks were followed by: *If you pass the background check, which I haven't seen yet. The whole conversation took less than 2 minutes. And basically, everything he told me was followed by "if you pass the background check, which I haven't seen yet." HE COULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT OVER THE PHONE....OR HE COULD HAVE GONE UP THERE AND FOUND THE PAPERWORK!!!

Finding a job has been super frustrating! But this is beyond frustrating!!! If I didn't need this job so bad, I would have half a mind to tell them what I think. But I do need the job! And if I gave them half of my mind, what would I have left? LOL

Becky said...

Keep your mind!

I love your fishies and hope you are feeling better.