2008-09-20

Fun With Comments, But No Smiley Faces

Over the weekend I spent quite a bit of time getting smiley faces to show up on the blog. The problem wasn't so much finding some javascript code, but finding javascript code that worked! I can't believe how many websites out there are sharing java that just doesn't work. And they are all sharing the same exact java that doesn't work!

So after lots of tinkering with their non-functioning javascript code (and I am not a javascript person), I finally got it to work. Well sort of! I can get smiley faces to show up in the posts, which is not a big deal cause if I just had to have a smiley face in a post, I could always add a pic.

The problem is I wanted the smiley faces to show up in the comments section. So far no dice. The comment widget I use is not very customizable. I tried to uninstall the comment software (I still am not sold on it and would like to go back to the Blogger comments), but when I did uninstall, it totally messed up the blog. Widgets that had nothing to do with the comment software, just disappeared. All of the comments made since I installed the software also disappeared. UGH....and I have a headache tonight!

So it has been a long day and I am exhausted. The head cold I had all week has really taken it's toll on me. Hopefully in a few days I can pick the code apart and get the smiley faces to show up in the comments, but my brain isn't functioning enough tonight to do it.

0 comments: