2007-11-17

To ebay or not to ebay.....

I have a bunch of stuff I need to get rid of. I guess a more accurate statement would be that I need to simplify my life. I have a closet full of Fiesta downstairs from the old website. Lots of place settings, small pieces, clearance pieces I picked up at local stores and other various items. Most of the items (minus some of the small items and the clearance items) are still in the original boxes. Plus I have decided to get rid of my Warner Brothers Fiesta.

Some of the items I kept in stock were plates, platters, mugs, trivets, small bowls, and teapots. I know I have sold some plates and platters to a couple of friends. So I am not sure how many of those I have left. And for the clearance items I purchaed, I think a lot of those are cinnabar, juniper and plum. I also have a few decaled pieces that I picked up from local stores. Needless to say, I need to clean out that closet.

The question I need to answer is if I should start selling on ebay again or open my new website up for sales. My Fiesta wholesaler is no longer selling wholesale, which is a shame since they were the greatest. They had the best selection, excellent quality and super-fast shipping. So my prices would have to go up dramatically if I was to start selling more Fiesta.

I could also try and list my items on either one of the Fiesta message boards. I would reach a very targeted audience with that option, but I would also be very limited on the number of people. Plus, I don't think most of the people on the message boards would be looking for some of the common items I would be selling.

I will have to give this some more thought. While I am thinking about it, I guess I will start reopening my website store, getting it ready just in case. So in the next few weeks, look at rainbowdishes.com for Fiesta.

0 comments: