2009-09-08

7 Days of PSB part 1

1 week from tonight, I will be in Milwaukee to see the Pet Shop Boys. I last saw them in 2002, and while that show was very laid back from their usual concerts, I was still in awe.

Over the next 7 days, I am going to post some of my favorite PSB videos. Here is the song that started my PSB infatuation. This was the very first PSB song I ever heard. Of course, it was their biggest hit ever in the US. I discovered both PSB and Erasure around the same time. I wasn't even completely out to myself at the time, and I had no idea about either PSB or Erasure at the time. In fact, it would many years later before I would find out about their gayness. And who says gaydar doesn't exsist. It worked for me, even when I couldn't admit I was gay.
Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls



And this is one song that has always kept a strange musical power over me. For whatever reason, I have always loved this song since the first time I listened to Introspective. It is definitely not the best song ever released, but all the same, I am always in love with it.
Pet Shop Boys - I Want A Dog

0 comments: