2008-09-27

RANT: Sunnycrest Chinese Buffet

Don't get me wrong, I do love this place. But tonight just wasn't a good night for them. Douglass and I went there for dinner after 8pm. I should know better than to eat at a buffet that late. But this place is usually very good. They usually are very good about keeping the food fresh and filled. I shouldn't say filled, they only keep small batches of everything out on the buffet table...but they are very quick about refilling the items. So everything is usually nice and fresh.

Tonight, we were shown to our table and they took our drink orders. While at the buffet, I noticed the fried rice was low. That was a bad sign since there were only 2 other customers in there. So I had white rice instead. The egg rolls didn't look all that fresh, but my General Tso's Chicken looked very good. And I also had some Egg Drop Soup. That is my usual Chinese food choices.

The white rice was not very good. The egg roll was old and nasty. The General Tso's Chicken was a bit old too. But the Egg Drop Soup was excellent!

And the real problem of the evening. A lady was teaching a few of the employees for their American Citizenship test.
So did we ever get drink refills? NO
Did they ever come over to clear our dirty dishes? NO
Did they ever bring us the bill without us having to just go the the register to pay? NO
And did we get our fortune cookies? NO

Once again, not the best evening. Douglass left a tip, I didn't leave anything. I think his tip was more than plenty for the both of us. And yes, I have spent many, many years working in the food/drink service business...I know how much tips mean to the server!

0 comments: