2008-06-20

RainbowDishes 2.0

I have wasted spent the past few days updating the look of the RainbowDishes blog. The most noticeable change of course is the color scheme. I went from the black background to white. Yes, I just did turn 40 and I am a very old geezer now. But with me starting high-blood pressure medicine, I have noticed my eye sight is a bit fuzzier lately. The white background makes it a bit easier for me to read.

I also spent quite a bit of time (mainly trial and error) updating some features of the blog. I changed the Archive listing to include a montly calendar. The labels are now changed to the "Cloud Labels" with the most popular labels being bigger and brighter. The dates on the posts are now a calendar page picture. And lastly, I joined MyBlogLog. I was looking at adding few other things, but those are on the back burner for now. I am happy with the new look/layout. Please feel free to let me know what you think. Good or bad, I am always up for some comments.

2 comments:

Ms. Val said...

Craig, it looks great! I hope you don't mind if I steal, err...borrow a few of your ideas.

RainbowDishes said...

"Borrow" away. The original layout was "borrowed" from one of those websites that specializes in those crappy myspace layouts. I "borrowed" one of their blogger layouts, changed the background, changed the color scheme, deleted all references to them and uploaded it to blogger. The other changes are the blogger widgets I added. I found those thanks to a google search.