2008-06-30

2008.5

So here we are with the first half of 2008 over. I went back and re-read the posts I made at the beginning of 2008, you know those posts about how things are going to change, what I would like to see happen, blah, blah, blah. Those typical posts everybody talks about at the start of a new year, but so many people never follow through and give up.

My main goal was to join the YMCA and continue a workout schedule. I still belong to the Y, but I haven't been in a few weeks. With my back being in pain all the time, I have given up the workouts. A few times when the back pain was minimal, I would ride the stationary bicycle. But for the most part, my few visits in the past 2 months have been just to use the whirlpool. The whirlpool would feel good for a short time, but later the back pain would be worse. So I even gave that up. The weight hasn't really gone up or down since I haven't been working out, so I guess that is good news. I am still stuck at that same weight plateau.

The other big thing I was planning on was me moving out of the house I was living in. As promised, in February, I moved into my own apartment. While this isn't my ideal place to live (it is very old, small and in bad shape), this is my own place. I would guess that this place is about 1/4th the size the house I was living in. I have all of my crap stuff (still too much Fiesta lol). Also living here is my pets, Doshee (the 9 year old Amazon parrot) and Sassy (the 2 year old Pit Bull). And honestly, the only thing I really hate about this apartment is the kitchen, it is so freaking tiny! As for selling off some of my Fiesta dishes, that is still on the back burner. I have quite a bit of Fiesta that I have set aside to sell. A lot of it comes from clearance sales at local stores or from another store that went out of business. I also still have quite a bit of Fiesta from my old website when I used to sell it online. I have given up on ebay with their new stupid procedures and rules that really make it hard to sell on there. I mean honestly, the seller can't give feedback about the sale? That is a crock of crap! So I guess one day, I will work on my website so I can start selling on there.

Another goal for me was to become more sociable. I have been on a few dates, but nothing worth writing about. A few of them went well (I thought at least) but I either never heard back from them or I got the "it's not you, it's me" speech. A few of them were scary (maybe I am exaggerating a bit), but I haven't been able to get them to leave me alone. I mean, how many times can I tell them "No" before they realize I am not interested? I guess I should stop trying to be nice about the situation and just tell them to leave me alone. But the important part is, I am going out with my friends and having a good time. I am meeting new people and enjoying life. I have seen quite a few guys who think they have to be in a relationship. They are so desperate (even though they don't think they are desperate) to have a boyfriend. Who cares? If I come across the right guy, then I will think about a relationship again. But until that time happens, I am enjoying life.

So the first half of 2008 has pretty much gone as planned, except for the health issues of course. So as I look forward to the second half of 2008, here are some of my goals:

  1. Get Healthy! I guess I am starting off the second half correctly, first thing tomorrow morning I have my MRI scheduled. Hopefully the doctors will be able to pinpoint the cause of my back pain.
  2. Lose A Few Pounds! After the back pain gets better, I will start going to the gym again. I would love to lose a few more pounds, but I am still very happy with the 60 plus pounds I lost at the end of 2007. I am even more happy with the fact that I have kept it off this long.
  3. Declutter! With me living in such a small place, I really need to reduce the amount of items I have. So I want to begin with my extra Fiesta pieces. After that, start getting rid of all the extra stuff that I don't use. I guess I should stop being a pack rat and a collector, but that is easier said than done. Plus it isn't the end of the world.
  4. Enjoy Life! This is pretty much my motto all the time. As far as my little brain knows, this is the only life we get to enjoy, so why waste it being miserable? I always feel sorry for the people I see who are always miserable. At what point are they going to enjoy what they have?
  5. Kill that damn mouse!!!

0 comments: