2008-02-01

Lost season 4

Tonight (actually Thursday night) was the start of season 4 of Lost which is absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt my favorite show of all time. As with all things ironic in life (cue up Alanis), Lost for the past 3 seasons was always shown on Wednesday nights. I have always had to work on Wednesday nights, so I always got to watch a videotaped copy. About a month ago, my schedule changed at work, I am now off on Wednesdays. But of course, that doesn't matter, ABC has moved the show to Thursday nights now. Why must ABC play with me like that? sigh

So the reason for the late post, I just finished watching the season premiere, and all I can say is WOW!!! Not to post spoilers for those who haven't seen it, but "Oceanic Six"! And all of the emotion shown for Charlie! I am totally still in love with this show!

4 comments:

MG said...

I'm somewhat ashamed to say I've never seen a single episode of Lost. Maybe you can answer something for me... I do catch bits and pieces of Lost previews while watching Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal, and Ugly Betty. They're stranded on an island, right? Then how is it that Jorge Garcia's character maintains his weight? I'd guess there aren't any refined sugars on the island or bags of Doritos en masse. How do the writers explain this? Has he eaten some of the survivors?

RainbowDishes said...

They are on an island that at one time was home to a group of research scientists (and their support group). While the scientists have been gone for some time, there are still regular food drops to the island. And yes, that food also includes junk food, candy bars and potato chips.

Ms. Val said...

Mark, I don't watch Lost, either, but I do catch bits and pieces. It's always on at my house...DVD's too.

Besides junk food, they also seem have razors on that island. The other night, I noticed that Jack was sporting some rugged island stubble that seems to get shaved from time to time. In the flash-forward sequences, he has this hideous Brillo beard that's in bad need of trimming.

This show ain't Gilligan's Island.

RainbowDishes said...

Yes, they do seem to get very strange items. From the various hatches/houses/buildings, they find soap, shampoo, showers, razors, on and on and on.

I have watched the Thursday night show about 3 times now, and I have found quite a few different clues that were missed the first time I saw the show. Very intersting items. I hope they can keep up the momentum.