2008-01-09

Concert Tour

Tonight I was trying to remember all of the concerts I have seen. Some were excellent...some weren't so great.

GREAT
Bette Midler (saw her 2 times....she was pure entertainment)
Tina Turner (damn, she can dance and sing!)
Pet Shop Boys (Excellent show!)
Cyndi Lauper (saw her 2 times....AWESOME! and AWESOME!)
Cher (saw her 3 different times)
Dolly Parton (beautiful voice with a beautiful soul)
Janet Jackson (WOW!)

GOOD
GoGo's (this was their reunion tour around 2002)
Alan Jackson/Martina McBride (Martina was good...not a big Alan Jackson fan)
Donna Summer (She would have been in the great list if we hadn't missed over half the concert)
Heart (back in 1988 probably)
Jackson Browne (I saw him when I was probably 7 years old...my dad really wanted to see him)

BAD
White Snake (don't ask why!)


Other shows I have seen:
Margaret Cho (so funny I almost peed my pants!)

Broadway Musicals I have seen:
Evita (I love this show)
Lion King
Wicked (great show)

3 comments:

Ms. Val said...

Most of the concerts I've been to consist of classic rock shows at the state fair. We've seen Crosby, Stills, and Nash, The Steve Miller Band, Steely Dan, and The Beach Boys. All of which I enjoyed.

When we were dating, Q dragged me to a Reba McEntire concert. I fell asleep during the show.

MG said...

I've seen just about all the shows on your list and have to agree with your top two picks. Both Bette Midler and Tina Turner were thoroughly entertaining from start to finish.

RainbowDishes said...

"Q dragged me to a Reba McEntire concert. I fell asleep during the show"

Val - Yeah, I can listen to some country music, but I like it in small doses.


"Both Bette Midler and Tina Turner were thoroughly entertaining from start to finish."

Mark - I have seen Bette twice. The first was here Divine Miss Millennium Tour, St. Louis 1999. That show was by far the best show I have ever seen. The second show was in Chicago 2004, the Kiss My Brass Tour. While still very entertaining, it fell short of the St. Louis show.