2009-01-24

Aretha's Wind Turbine Energy Plan



Originally uploaded by robbroccoli
This week has been crazy. Work is getting very interesting (more on this later) and will only get worse next week. My car is still acting up. So I have been walking a lot lately and today I used the bus *GASP* for the first time since I moved here in 1992. On Tuesday, I got to watch quite a bit of the inauguration....until I was in Obama Overload. But I did get a chance to check out Aretha and her wind turbine hat. I think she was the high point of the day....well, besides Obama replacing Curious George as president.

There is an entire flickr group devoted to pictures that have had Aretha's hat photoshopped on to them. I love this one of Dick Cheney. The caption reads "No wonder he had back trouble." Classic!

The logo for my blog even got Aretha-ized.

10 comments:

papa said...

I ablout fell out off my chair when Miss Aretha came out wearing that bow/hat! Loved It! I guess'd that the night before the Queen was watching Wong Foo and took Vida's words to heat..."I think today is a say something hat day"! And that hat perfectly says my motto in life(another quote from Wong Foo)..."larger than life is just the right size"!!!!

papa said...

...Vida's words to HEART!
(I really wish these comment forms had spell check {especially in my case....beer fingers!!!!!})

RainbowDishes said...

Beer fingers...LOL You can still take Miss Vida's words to HEAT. I just figured you were either in heat or having a hot flash! LOL

Becky said...

I LOVE Aretha's hat and am thinking of ordering one for myself. It's fabulous.

There's a Facebook group for Fans of Aretha's Hat, too. :-)

Ms. Val said...

I applaud any woman who can wear hats. I don't wear them because they flatten my hair.

RainbowDishes said...

I don't wear them because they flatten my hair.

Hats and any kind of hair just don't mix very well. I wear hats (think more like baseball cap than Aretha's hat) all the time. Of course my problem is that I have a big old head and it is hard to find baseball caps that fit me.

Becky said...

I am still debating about ordering one of these hats. LOL. Not sure when I would wear it. The conference????? I do love hats!

Craig, I've given you a blog award. Check it out when you get a chance.

Becky said...

I love the hat on your logo. And I've decided. I'm calling tomorrow to order THE HAT.

RainbowDishes said...

Becky said...
I love the hat on your logo. And I've decided. I'm calling tomorrow to order THE HAT.


I think that it is awesome. I can't wait to see the pictures of you wearing the hat.

Becky said...

And now the Smithsonian has requested Aretha's hat, along with Michelle's dress, to be part of their permanent exhibit. Cool, huh?

BTW, I've posted a new rainbow photo, if you care to check it out. Posted here.